The Christian Bashers Quiz
February 2003By Brent T. Zeringue
Brent T. Zeringue is a father of nine living in Destrehan, Louisiana, and is founder and coordinator of KEPHA, an organization of fathers and sons promoting the Catholic faith through apologetics, brotherhood, charity, mortification, and prayer.
Calling all Christian bashers. Put on your thinking caps. Cover the Answer Key at the end.
1. He is best known as The Greatest Emancipator.
A. Abraham Lincoln
B. Rodney King
C. St. John of Matha
2. Talk about being calm and collected under fire; none has shown greater resolve than he.
A. Saddam Hussein
B. Oliver North
C. The man who handles Christmas returns at Wal-Mart
D. St. Lawrence
3. The first in flight.
A. Laika, the Russian space mutt
B. St. Joseph of Cupertino
C. Orville and Wilbur
D. Senator John Glenn
E. Bill Clinton during the Vietnam War
4. This individual has heard more peoples dirty laundry than anyone else in human history.
A. Jerry Springer
B. Dear Abby
C. St. John Vianney
D. Kenneth Starr
E. Larry Flynt
5. Responsible for the most famous finger gesture in history.
A. The first hippie at Woodstock
B. St. Cecilia
C. Richard Nixon as he boarded the plane when the dismissal bell rang
D. Caesar as he fed Christians to the lions in the Coliseum
6. If you couldnt find him, the best bet was that he was on the road.
A. St. Francis Xavier
B. Willie Nelson
C. Forrest Gump
D. The Road Runner
7. Who of the following was an anti-Semite?
A. Blessed Titus Brandsma
B. John Paul II
C. St. Edith Stein
D. St. Maximillian Kolbe
E. None of the above
You have two options:
- Online subscription: Subscribe now to New Oxford Review for access to all web content at newoxfordreview.org AND the monthly print edition for as low as $38 per year.
- Single article purchase: Purchase this article for $1.95, for viewing and printing for 48 hours.
If you're already a subscriber log-in here.